All our staff are PADI qualified, current in CPR and wayfarers certification STCW 95. We also have a love and knowledge of Anguillian waters and wish to use that to ensure you enjoy your time on and under the water with us.
We understand what kind of expectations you have when you are planning your dive in Anguilla. Why? Because we are divers too who have a love of Anguilla’s waters, from this point of view we think like divers, we act like professionals, and we provide you a high quality service to ensure you have an awesome overall experience. Our many repeat clients will tell you that you will experience not only the friendly and family oriented atmosphere, but also a professional well organized shop. Our quality standard is high, Your safety is our number one concern, but we remember to have fun too!
- Q? How do I book?
- A.We require a 50% deposit to confirm any booking via Visa, MasterCard, Amex or Cash.
- Q? What are your cancellation terms?
- A.With the exception of the Festive Period (20th December – 7th January) which is 48hrs. All deposits on our services are fully refundable if cancelled more than 24 hrs. prior to the trip. The Deposit is however non-refundable for any reason whatsoever if cancelled less than 24 hours prior to the confirmed date and time of the booking unless cancelled by Shoal Bay Scuba (Karma Charters) Ltd.
- Q?What is the youngest you can be to dive?
- A. You must be at least 10 years of age, diving is available for all ages and is truly family fun.
- Q? Can I wear contact lenses or glasses while diving?
- A. Soft contact lenses should not be a problem. Bring an extra pair or two, in case one washes out. Eyeglasses worn under a dive mask are neither fashionable nor practical.
- Q? How long does it take to get certified?
- A. You can get certified in as little as 3 days, in a personal, fun and safe environment.
- Q? What does it mean to be certified?
- A. It means that you’ve learned basic scuba diving skills are qualified to dive in open water with a buddy. You are required to show your certification card prior to diving.
- Q? Can I dive even if not certified?
- A. Yes you can try diving for the 1st with a quick and easy PADI Course know as a “Discover Scuba” this course is fun, quick and easy and in a few short hrs. you can be discovering the underwater world of Anguilla.
- Q? Do I have to worry about Sharks etc.?
- A.You do not have to worry, marine life will not hurt you, just remember do not touch, tease or harass any underwater creature. Take only memories and leave only bubbles.
- Q? Where do you depart from?
- A. We depart from our Scuba Shack at Roys Bayside Grill in Sandy Ground.
- Q? What time should I arrive?
- A. Please ensure you arrive 20 mins prior to your confirmed departure time to ensure we can fit you for equipment, complete paperwork and be ready to leave on time.
- Q? Do you require a minimum number of divers?
- A. We have no minimum, we will take you diving even if you are the only diver.
- Q? Are all dive and snorkel trips guided?
- A. All trips are guided by a professional.
- Q? What is the maximum capacity of your boats?
- A. The Thomas B takes a maximum of 6 persons and the Lady Lou takes a maximum of 12 persons.
- Q? Is it difficult to learn to dive?
- A. Not for most people. If you’re comfortable in the water, and a reasonably good swimmer, you should be able to learn scuba diving from one of our qualified PADI Professionals.
Contact information: Shoal Bay Scuba (Karma Charters) Ltd.
P.O Box 1482 The Valley , Anguilla, AI 2640, B W I
Telephone:1 (264) 235 1482 Fax:1 (212) 504 3045